For 52 years, we have provided the Fremont community with quality, private education in the Dominican tradition. We offer small class sizes for grades Pre-Kindergarten – 8th. We are accredited by WASC (Western Association of Schools and Colleges) and WCEA (Western Catholic Education Association). We currently have 244 students with an average class size of 25 students. Our Kindergarten is a full-day program and our Pre-Kindergarten program was started in 2015. We are currently accepting students in all our classes. Class sizes are limited so apply now or click for tuition rates. If you would like to schedule a private tour of the school, please contact us today!
View our Student Learning Expectations.
For 6 consecutive years Our Lady of Guadalupe School has been voted the winner or runner up for Best Private School in Fremont. This year OLG was voted the winner of Best Private School, Best Church, Best Resource Teacher (Sam Retelas) and our 50th Anniversary Celebration received Honorable Mention – Neatest Thing to Happen in 2014/2015. Thanks to our challenging curriculum, amazing teachers and strong school community, our students thrive.
Uniforms are required. The local supplier is Merry Mart (408) 296-0423, 33 Washington Street, Santa Clara, CA 95050. Their hours are M-Sa 10am – 6pm and Sunday, 12pm – 4pm. Website: http://merrymartuniforms.com/
Programs & Activities
We have a variety of programs designed to appeal to the needs and interests of every student including:
- Technology Program – Computers iPads and Chromebooks are used daily in grades K-8.
- Learning Support/Resource Program
- Music Program – Dedicated music teacher, Choir and Band
- Theatre and Drama – Designed to develop creativity, public speaking and performance skills
- dancersDivine – These “movement ministers” participate in school assemblies, school festivals, masses, OLG prayer services, and more!
- Extended Care – Children participate in indoor and outdoor activities before school beginning and 6:45am and after school until 6pm.
- Additional activities and clubs include: CYO Sports, Student Council, book club, safety patrol, chess club and more.
The school opened in September 1964 with grades 1-3. By 1969, grades 1-8 had been added. Kindergarten was added in 1987. A new multimedia center was added in 1999 which includes a technology center and automated library.
We value the Dominican tradition of educational excellence. Our commitment to educating the whole child spiritually, intellectually, psychologically, sociologically, and physically is rooted in the truths and practices of the Catholic Faith. We provide a positive environment which allows our students to recognize their dignity and unique potential. Read more