Welcome to Our Lady of Guadalupe School’s AR page. On this page, you can:
- Log in to the main Accelerated Reader database to check your child’s progress
- Search for AR books and book tests available to the students
- Access the Trimester Requirements for each grade
- Read tips for reading books and preparing for the AR tests.
See how well the kids are doing with their reading…
If you haven’t received your child’s username and password yet, please contact your child’s teacher for that information.
Search for AR books here:
|3rd Grade 1st Trimester = 4 (does NOT count towards Reading grade) 2nd Trimester = 6 3rd Trimester = 8||4th Grade 1st Trimester = 10 2nd Trimester = 12 3rd Trimester = 14|
|5th Grade 1st Trimester = 20 2nd Trimester = 24 3rd Trimester = 28||6th Grade Summer = 10 1st Trimester = 20 2nd Trimester = 25 3rd Trimester = 30|
|7th Grade Summer = 14 1st Trimester = 25 2nd Trimester = 30 3rd Trimester = 35||8th Grade Summer = 18 1st Trimester = 30 2nd Trimester = 35 3rd Trimester = 40|
- The book should be within the child’s reading level.
- The book should be interesting to the child.
- While reading the book, the students should be constantly asking themselves questions to make sure they understand what is being read.
- If a student does not understand, go back and reread.
- Don’t rush through the book.
- After a child is finished with the book, he/she should be able to answer the following questions without looking at the book:
- What is the title of the book?
- Who were the main characters?
- What was the setting? (When? Where?)
- What was the problem in the book?
- How did the character solve the problem?
- What happened at the beginning of the book?
- What happened in the middle of the book?
- What happened at the end of the book?
- If you can’t answer these questions without looking at the book, consider rereading the book, or rereading the first couple of pages in each chapter.
- If the child is reading a picture book, take a picture walk through the book. On each page, the student should be able to retell the story in their own words while looking at the pictures.
- While taking the test, students should double check the answer they have selected is the correct answer.