Requirements for Volunteering
Any adult that volunteers for our school, when children are present, must be fingerprinted for the Oakland diocese and must also complete the VIRTUS Safe Environment online training course (takes approximately 1 hour to complete). Please see the instructions for completing both requirements:
- Contact John Miller at LiveScan Identity (510-795-8885) to set up an appointment to be fingerprinted. John is a vendor for the Oakland Diocese.
- Take a copy of the fingerprinting form with you to the appointment (available at the school office) and take a photo ID with you.
- John will not charge a fee, but you will need to pay $34 per person to the school to cover the cost for the processing of the prints. Please stop by the bookkeeping office to pay (preferably before your appointment).
- School families will receive 2 service hours in return for the payment.
- To get to the course, entitled Protecting God’s Children for Adults, go online to oakdiocese.org/offices/safe-environment
- If you want to first review the registration steps you can click on the instructions just below the second blue button then click on the blue button for VIRTUS Registration.
- Sign in as a First-Time Registrant and create a login and password. The login does not have to be an email address. You can create a login name or code.
- If you need to logout in the middle of the course, you can sign back in using the login and password you created and you will be able to resume the course from where you left off.
- At the end of the course please print out or take a screen shot of the certificate of completion for the school office.